PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation’s Future. Navy blue singlets, thongs, and hankies tied around your head?
Old 20th Aug 2003, 16:15
mention1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AHHH YES.... I have the image in my head now of Leonardo di Caprio strolling down the street in his stolen pilot's uniform....

Little Girl:
"hey Mister, are you a pilot?"
di Caprio: "Yes little Miss, I surely am"

Those were the days, eh?

Now the glamour of the industry has surely gone, as I witnessed last year at a major American hub where I saw 5 or 6 pilots lining up at the terminal's McDonald's outlet.

Rolf got it right, gov't and big business have slowly stripped the salaries of every worker. And all the while selling off the Family Jewels. Don't get me started on that! Look at Commonwealth Bank, Telstra, various airports, Qantas etc.

The Manager's job is simple, to make dividends for the share- holder. And if the manager did it this year, then why can't they increase it next year?

Don't forget that flight crew are the airlines highest cost centre (apart from fuel) so we will always be in the firing line

Most days I can't wait to get to work (MOST, lets face it who loves those 5:30 am starts when its persisting down). But each month I'm expected to do more and more.

Like peace, we must have eternal vigilance

And Another Thing...

This is world wide. Just read Michael Moore's book "Stupid White Men" on the conditions commuter pilots have to work for in the USA. You will be shocked!