PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Narrow Body Fleet?
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2017, 10:46
olster

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
I was at the training meeting where the 'turbo prop pilot' revelations were made; everyone was on message - "t - p pilots are as good as anyone / multiple sectors in bad weather etc,etc." No argument from me in principle but this rapidly became the pilot version of political correctness and no dissent or rational argument was allowed. I will quickly say to maintain my own pc qualities that I did not disagree or say anything at the time. However, nagging doubts remained on the basis that it is a big ask to go from an ATR to a B777 not that the t - p Chuck Yeagers weren't capable but that the global nature of the operation and potential complexities were a big jump.

I wonder where the flydubai 737 fleet would integrate with EK? Very good for the cadets and new pilots with a sensible 'mid size' aircraft available. I / we always maintained that flydubai should have been set up as EK Express or similar. I will also add that the EK training standards are exponentially north of fz ( I've been in both!).