PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HKPA
Thread: HKPA
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2017, 16:16
GTC58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Based guys also have a Collective Bargaining Agreement which is protected by law and includes the RP's. It can only be changed by negotiation and member vote. Bases are now also protected by law, meaning CX has to stop flying to those bases before they are able to close them. I do not think that "keeping their base" has any influence what the "based guys" have in mind while negotiating CMP, rather then what its unions memberships want to see in the new CMP. IMHO the HKAOA is disadvantaging itself, having decided not to participate in the CMP negotiations. The reality is that the the so called "based guys" will negotiate the new CMP/RP's as required by law and CX will amend the HK COS accordingly. I am sure everyone would prefer the HKAOA to participate in those CMP negotiations. Lets face it CC in Hong Kong did not achieve anything or very little, looking back the past years. Maybe its time for the HKAOA to re-evaluate their position, either escalate their industrial action or end CC. I believe with the current state of affairs time is not in favour of the HKAOA and its members, things might get worse before getting better and from a business point of view a fleet reduction rather then expansion is seen by many analysts as the only viable option. In case of a fleet reduction, Contract Compliance is absolute useless and protecting officers on the bottom of the seniority list will be hard for the HKAOA, if the relationship with management remains confrontational.