PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Service Air B747F
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2003, 23:04
TellTheTruth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm

Please correct me if I'm wrong - but I think most educated people in this industry would agree. Normally, people make an announcement that they will be launching an airline, and Voila!, an airline appears.

Michel LeBlanc, Clive Beddoe, Ed Peagram, David Ho, Arie Tull, Dan Goliger, John Mackenzie, A.J. Virmani, Robert Obadia...the list goes on...have all done it in the past. They announce, and Voila!...aircraft, crew, maintenance, operations, the smell of burning fuel...you get the picture.

In the meantime, thousands of people tell all kinds of stories about launching the latest and greatest airline...but in my experience, if you heard about it 6 months ago through the grapevine, and it's still on the vine....well it has a better chance of turning into vinegar than into a fine Merlot - or even into a cheap bottle of Baby Duck for that matter.

People with the cash and brains to launch airlines don't jump from 1 passenger Beaver to 3 747 freighters. They don't announce a start date without having financing in the bank, contracts on the table, and an experienced international management team - experienced in the international air cargo industry that is, not just in the cockpit of a local piston popper with some tourists in the back. They don't expect everyone else to provide them with free advice, work, knowledge etc. etc. etc. and not have a piece of the action. They don't talk about it for very long...they're too busy doing it. There's a lot of talk here......

Yes, I'm all for the little guy, go go small business and dreamers...but be realistic. There are thousands of bull**** artists for every airline executive....now based on the probabilities - where do you think JD fits?

Can't wait for the Cheerleader's response.