PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eurowings Europe F/O
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2017, 20:03
Svetlana16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No exceptions??? except the Air Berlin TRI's/TRE's @ Eurowings all without DLR test

The very funny thing is, that none of this Air Berlin TRI's and TRE's, who are training the Eurowings pilots, had to do this DLR test (confirmed from a friend doing the Sunexpress/ Eurowings A330 Operation).
There is also rumors that some AUA captains did not do the DLR test but flying for Eurowings?
So you are trained by trainers who did not do this full DLR test but from you they want you to pass it? Strange you think? No it's normal.

I tell you guys, this Eurowings thing is a joke - 3 days selection at different places across Europe for a lousy salary of 3000 NETT something for captains salary? (Which I don't believe....but anyway)
Each selection day for maybe 2-4 pilots they pay one whole day for 2 instructors from Lufthansa mother company?
Your ATPL is not enough, no they send you to a psychology screening to Hamburg and you will be x- rayed if you are suitable to be a pilot (how good they are in this you can see for example with Andreas Lubiz, ex Germanwings F/O).
Do you knew any low cost company wasting money like this? Go into the orange hangar (for example doors trainer) of easy jet and compare it with Lufthansa training center, you knew the difference, and you will see why Lufthansa airlines or even German people can never run a successful low cost company (because they are to honest and they can not accept 80% and relax - own opinion). Probably they need to do it like easy jet or Rhynair when selling tickets. You never knew from the beginning how much the ticket will cost ( at least in the past it was like this, now it's changing a bit). I have the impression those low cost companies trick their crew.

I can't believe how desperate people must be to work for such a boring operator? One guy I knew was a few years with the old Germanwings and he said - terrible, terrible terrible. If he had stayed there he would resignate mentally. He was so fed up and bored..... and Germanwings was not his first job. It's the treatment, the flights, the low cost **** and saving at the wrong side.... I believe Eurowings might be the same. You end up among very young streamlined young career orientated guys who talk to you as a captain what you want to hear. Who never have seen anything else because starting after school directly with flight training.....

Guys did you want to have a life or work in a flying factory?
There are a few nice jobs out there where you can still enjoy the art of flying.....

And guess what. I heard that now just after one year searching and running selections they could not find anymore experinced German pilots without negative DLR test so they are trying now to go international.

Anyway, do what you have to do. Everybody is responsible for his own life.