PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2017, 05:26
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wise words from City AM
Luton Airport Parkway station: Let's fast-track new rail connections to the airport to cut journey times from St Pancras station to 30 minutes | City A.M.

As pointed out by City AM there are 144 East Midland trains a day that don't stop at Parkway so there is no cost to the public purse by introducing at least 4 non stop trains an hour from St Pancras that are passing the station anyway, so I really can't see this not happening.

The travel time for the single non stop train per hour at the moment is just 22 minutes. I have used that train many times and it seems that no sooner have I sat down than the train is arriving. With the new Mass Transit System in place from 2021 it will be a game changer and will make Stansted and Southend seem like airports in the middle of the back and beyond with regard to slow train services to London.

At the moment only Luton and Gatwick offer overnight trains to and from London. It's just that rubbish shuttle bus service that lets the side down, which is not helped by the latest price increase to £2.10. I think I read somewhere this it is the dearest bus service in the UK for a journey of just a mile but probably offers best value when the bus takes half an hour to get to the terminal in peak traffic.