PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B757/767 EASA type rating training.
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2017, 18:00
Jetjockey145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all and thanks for the help.

Problem? My problem is that the majority of these type rating organisations can't even be bothered to reply to my emails, despite openly advertising the courses on their websites! It's rude and totally unprofessional. Air Baltic and Sim.Aero are two of the main offenders and have not bothered to reply despite me sending numerous mails.
Funny enough CTC are another example. Baltic Aviation Academy on the other hand have answered every one of my emails.

I have offered to supply a sim partner for those ATO's that did reply but no go. All these ATO's say they require two people to run a COMPLETE course or I have to pay double. What I find difficult to believe is that these ATO's don't have ANYBODY else awaiting a course.

Regards an employer paying for a type rating for me........ really? I've had a few funded for me in my time but it's not a given. In my case I've been offered a job if I renew my expired 75/76 rating. I retired early two years ago after some 20yrs in the flying game (mostly 737-300/800). Frankly I'm bored to tears. I want to return to work and see out the next 5 years on mid to long haul routes as I've done my share of airport hopping in 737's. At my age I'm lucky that the company concerned are even entertaining a position for me. I'm happy to INVEST the cost of a type rating for five years work. Please let's not start a discussion on the rights and wrongs of funding a type rating, that's not the point of this thread. The industry has treated me well over the years and I can afford to fund a rating, I'm just not paying double!

Unfortunately I'm up against it. I have a start date within 6 weeks but cannot get a type rating renewal in the time allocated, and believe me I'm trying! As I've already held the type on my licence I am exempt the requirement to complete a base check or ZFTT module. Hmmmmm. Funny old game!

If anybody out there knows anybody else requiring a rating then please call or text me on +44 7897 539976

Last edited by Jetjockey145; 7th Feb 2017 at 18:16.