PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mallard Down in Perth
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2017, 21:20
flywatcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What he was alluding to was the your proposition that the aforementioned engines rotating in the reverse to modern engines may have some significance.
The proposition is false! The direction of rotation of the engine has no significance! Or, as Griffo puts it; BS!

Pinky, if you take off in a tail dragger with American engine, right rudder. If you take off in a early aircraft with Gipsy engine, left rudder. The fin is offset in opposite direction. In all over paddocks, circuits were left hand. Think about it before you call BS

Griffo; I really wonder how many posters on this thread really are Pilots, let alone have CPL's!
If you are implying I don't have a CPL I can assure you I have, with about 20,000 hr attached to it, some thousands at or below 200ft low speed small radius turns over fishing nets so I have a vague understanding of the effects of wind at low level.

Related to me many times by my late Father; 39814 Baum; Ronald Wilhelm, Warrant Officer 1, 461 Sqn RAAF. 1st Solo in DH 82 AN 624 August 9th 1943 at No 1 EFTS Parafield South Australia.

Related to me by my late father, first solo 1938, Cirrus Moth, Mascot, before my first landplane solo, Tiger Moth VH-AZP, Bairnsdale 1958

Last edited by flywatcher; 5th Feb 2017 at 04:37. Reason: just learned how to do quotes