PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2017, 20:28
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Minimal growth this year is definitely a good thing for the passenger...

Flew to Copenhagen two weeks ago and took the 8.30am(ish) Ryanair flight on a Saturday morning, and while security was quick and efficient, the departure lounge was a thoroughly miserable experience!

There was zero seating available and there was all these island areas blocked off and all the catering section towards the rear of the departure lounge was closed, only leaving Frankie & Benny's and Pret A Manager as the only places to eat.

Passengers not eating at Pret were occupying the seats and tables in this area, leaving customers no where to go, and the number of passengers blocking the entrance to gates area waiting for their flight to show on the board is almost a fire hazard!

As I was there at the weekend, and after the morning rush when all the based aircraft will have left for the morning, only makes you wonder how much worse it is at around 5.30-6am-ish...

I have flights to Valencia and Katowice booked for February and March, and not looking forward to flying through LTN again for these experiences! Any other future trips I have to book this year will be from EMA or BHX and think it is best to give the airport a wide berth for 12 months.

On the positive, I arrived back at LTN on a Monday at around 5pm and was waiting for the AirParks bus within 15 mins of landing.

Is the current location of Security, the final location in the building where it will be located after the terminal expansion is finished? Only reason I ask is, its a little dull and grim in there.