PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mallard Down in Perth
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2017, 13:21
AerocatS2A

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by P51D
As usual, this has gone totally away from the very sad event that claimed 2 lives. If I was to take note of half the crap that is being spruiked on this thread I'd stop flying now and hand in my licence. One thing's for sure.... so many faceless experts, not all, and at least one admitted he wasn't a pilot, wonder how many others there are?
Ironically, P51D, you have not stated which side of the argument you support and you would probably find that both sides are reading your post, nodding sagely, and saying to themselves "yes, yes, quite right!"

All I would say is that those who believe that a turn from headwind to tailwind in a steady airmass (i.e., no gusts/turbulence/shear) will cause a loss of airspeed should be preparing their Nobel Prize acceptance speech because their assertion, based on only the best anecdotal "data" of course, invalidates all of the hard work that physicists have been doing for the last hundred years! Einstein would have been very interested to learn that one of his two main postulates on which he formulated the special theory of relativity, that the laws of physics are identical in all inertial frames of reference (i.e., that there is no preferred frame of reference), has been proved wrong by some half literate "pilots" on the internet.