PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mallard Down in Perth
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2017, 08:58
X35B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conceded.

Another point to make is the aileron goes to mushy feel which further adds to the distress and confusion, rather than triggering an alert that a stall then spin is about one or two seconds away.

Sadly this pilot was just not aware of what was happening and the alerts that were being supplied were not registering.

Forgive my inability to express myself here, but there was enough indication, that something needed to be done and the pilot just did not twig, forgive that expression, that all sorts of hell was less than five seconds away, unless he took prompt corrective action.

unless you have stalled the wing.. exactly. Now the opposite aileron instead lifting the wing as it normally does, further slows that wing increasing the stall and wing drop. The pilot is going a bit fuzzy in the head and doubts what is happening is real, the aileron is mushy and does not work which further adds to the fuzz. If the pilot goes to full extent with aileron, that makes the wing drop further .. by now ... the pilot is confused and sadly doomed by the unexpected.

Which I suppose leads to my previous of doing training with flying near the stall for a hour or three with gliders and doing a few dozen spins ... thus a stall will be instantly recognised and corrected.

Last edited by X35B; 1st Feb 2017 at 09:14. Reason: add more