PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada: Training & Employment prospects
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2017, 20:01
K and K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Current condition of VFC

To bwr77 about current condition of victoria flying club
Hi, as one of the recent graduates, I would like to tell all about truth.

"manager is more concerned about happy club members than making a profit"
I totally agree with this.
While I had been struggling with flight planning to complete 300NM trip, He kindly suggested me to go and cross Canada/Us border to satisfy direct 300NM route and attain relatively safer routing.
He also offered me most favorable aircraft rental rate when I tried to fly at Canadian day (Super holiday when no Canadian works therefore usually flying club would be closed and even solo flight might be difficult to conduct.....). Thanks to his help, I could practice solo CPL prep and complete my single com with the relatively short period( 9 months) as the abinitio student.
But the problem about this school is, None of the instructors try to follow manager's sincere consideration and treatments to students.

"the CFI there has been dedicated to flight training for many years"
No, this place's CFI is just being existing. He usually does nothing for students.
He is apparently trying to avoid communicating and spending time with students no more than 3 minutes.

Simounteniously he is one of the region's designated flight test examiner. But I don't know why he could be so elegant to customers.

Many students claim that they often charge extra ground instruction fee. But the reality is, most of the times, their ground instruction before and after flight training is less than 5 minutes. Can't they distinguish tip from the legal bill? Simply put, their ground instruction is really short,dry and still expensive..... Needless to say, CFI never tries to consolidate this matter...... Some of their ramp Agents, Customer service employees had taken PPL level flight training with VFC, but it is common for them to achieve PPL with excessive flight hours of 90 or even 100..... This is insane, frankly too much of wasting money.... This condition clearly shows the fact in which there is neither no good structure for flight instruction nor good will of CFI to have their instruction organized........
As for conclusion my argument with this school, This place is good for pretty much determined pilot applicant who can present devoted posture toward every aspect of flight training which including booking for flight instructors schedule
(Student can go and fly as many as they wish and possible.With combination of Hour building for CPL, I could accumulate many night flight hours for incomming ATPL licensing.)
But other than that, I can't recommend this place for everybody. Especially I know the person who is working for his PPL for years yet He hasn't clear PPL written and Licensing. (he had cleared his flight test with another flight school though...) This reality shows that they need not only pay more attention and efforts for student's learning curve but they also once had better to pick up more suitable ground course material for an abinitio student
(they provide ppl ground school package about 600box, I know many students told that those material is not working properly.)
You can confirm that I am telling truth and fact and I am coming from concrete resource.
You can simply go to Civil Aviation Daily Occurrence Reporting System or CADORS.
CADORS: Main Menu
Ongoing aviation investigations

Then you would search the incidents reports by entering victoria flying club as operator.
I guarantee you would be impressed observing how many of simplest mistake are being made by those students........ Lack of consistency......