PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign Pilot Agency Promising Visas
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2017, 13:46
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by mic310
I noticed a program for Australians only(I. E. E3 visa) 1000 TT in the US through eagle Jet interview. Does anyone know if this is legitimate?
Might be a similar to he above program
No it's not legit. There's no short cutting the hours you need to qualify for an FAA ATP. A regional that is taking part in the E3 visa will not hire you unless you meet the requirements for the issue of an FAA ATP.

So far the only fixed wing operators I now of offering E3 jobs to Aussies are Skywest, Piedmont, I've also heard republic and a handful of firefighting operations running air tractors where the pilot meets all the carding requirements for USFS contracts.

I'm all for taking opportunities that give you a leg up, but don't delude yourself into thinking there's a way around meeting the minimum ATP hours. You'll find yourself throwing away good money chasing a unicorn. Just build the time you need and then apply to a regional that will take on an E3.

If you're really that desperate to fly for a regional in he US you'd be better off finding the cheapest 152 you can find and fly the 100 night hours that you're missing (that you PM'd me about). Far more sound investment than rolling the dice with some flaky recruitment placement outfit.