PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2017, 19:49
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really hope we get growth...

My most optimistic prediction - presuming FR are happy with Gdansk, Warsaw, Wroclaw and Madrid... Is:

- Madrid goes year round, x2 weekly winter, x3 weekly S18
- Faro kept on x3 weekly through winter, then up to 5 weekly S18 (x4 S17 except August at x5)
- Alicante, Malaga, Lanzarote and Tenerife, no change, including S18
- Girona, remain x2 weekly W17/18, x3 weekly S18
- Polish routes stay at x2 weekly through to W18 when there *may* be a cull of at least 1, unless summer shows improvement, which it should
- Mallorca ends October '17, comes back daily in March '18, possibly x2 weekly winter '18

A handful, or all of: Budapest, Hamburg, Riga, Lisbon, Milan (hopefully MXP), Valencia or Seville, maybe Chania or Malta over the next 2 years. That would be nice.

Ibiza, Murcia, Fuerteventura, Corfu, Paphos I could also see them considering

Personally, I hope Stansted, Athens, Thessaloniki, Luxembourg, Marrakech and Catania are being looked at but I doubt it.

Realistically on the new routes front though I think Budapest and Milan will come online within the next 12 months... And I will be happy, and I think they will do well AND I think easyjet will be a little bit pee'd off. But unfortunately they will still continue not to respond and continue to lose market share until it looks favourable for them to drop NCL, blame it on brexit, Ryanair and Jet2...