PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Aircraft Crash in Oxfordshire
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2017, 23:18
bellend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
friend of mine used to fly an old PA30 when he was doing his MEP and he said it was barely capable of level flight on a V1 cut let alone climbing out, dont know how true this was as i never had the chance to fly one but he was my PPL FI whos now on commercial jets so credible to me, I used to drool over the commanche before getting into the warrior until he told me to stay away from it!!

Makes me think the mechanical failure aspect must be a highly plausible factor before pilot error given the ac was heard overhead and in trouble (if that can be believed). The wx on the day was poor approaching the ridge, infact most days over the past month the ridge has been hiding within a wall of crud, I was up there on the morning of the accident and the cloud base started literally half way up Kingston Hill, the ridge and chicken **** alley (M40 cutting) was completely shrouded. Irrespective, anyone familiar with the local area knows its there so I really cant accept this was simply CFIT.

I walk the dogs regularly up there on the ridge as its such a beautiful place , had a look for the accident site last Sunday to get an idea of the ac track/impact but no obvious signs, there seemed to be quite a few people looking also, sad macabre way of life these days.

Does anyone know exactly where he came down?

will await the AAIB report, condolences to the family and friends of the pilot