PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HKPA
Thread: HKPA
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2017, 03:02
mrfox
its£5perworddammit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChinaBeached
Fox: I understand your point but it's not the same. B-Scale did not represent a new generation of pilots where ZERO flight time was good enough, an ignorant appreciation of a professional pilot's worth and an arrogant opinion that they'll be part of the "new generation of CX pilot". B-Scale kept the standards high: little to no change from A-Scale. B-Scale was part & parcel of the Sign or be Fired tactic. B-Scale allowed a pilot to still live comfortably and work towards a secure long term financial future. B-Scale allowed a pilot to support a growing family on a single income. C-Scale represents absolutely none of this. B-Scale maintained high standards of recruitment as the CX interview was revered as amongst the toughest in the world to pass. C-Scale bought questions like "Tell me what your parents think about you becoming a pilot" (as quoted from the cadet applicant in this web site). I can't recall a B-Scale SO who came with a few thousand hours of time, most likely >1000 hrs PIC, freezing during a TCAS RA. Pay bananas & you'll get monkeys. Just read though the Cx Wannabe forum on this site. It's insulting to any professional pilot to think that this is the standard CX seeks & attracts.
One question ChinaBeach - do you think you would've been good enough to qualify to join on A-scale back in the day?

Last edited by mrfox; 20th Jan 2017 at 03:16.