PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HKPA
Thread: HKPA
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2017, 14:42
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TurningFinal: I've met many C-scale guys. Many I've spoken with accept the package they signed for and more so regret the decision. The occasional one wants to argue that "the times have changed" as an excuse, but in the next breath b!tch about the cost of living, their shared apartment, it's size and how they'll save for the future. "The times have changed" is a pathetic excuse to say cheap is good and the way of the future. But what we're talking about is the undeniable pressure C-Scale has placed on the rest of the pilot body's T&C's. As I've written before, it's prima nota pure & simple. Not "sign or be fired" tactics as they once used as they're more cunning than that now.

Did Mr "McN...." who posted on the iCadet Facebook page seeking nomination to the GC by promising to dissolve B-Scale as soon as possible to better his/their own package respect the pilot body? What of the many who supported him? If not for the exposure on the AOA Forum he may have gotten a seat on the GC. Was this just a fleeting ideal or a genuine aim by the C-Scale community in general? Not what they tell you on the flightdeck but what they say amongst each other. This genius exposed himself and a rotten core.

Fox: I understand your point but it's not the same. B-Scale did not represent a new generation of pilots where ZERO flight time was good enough, an ignorant appreciation of a professional pilot's worth and an arrogant opinion that they'll be part of the "new generation of CX pilot". B-Scale kept the standards high: little to no change from A-Scale. B-Scale was part & parcel of the Sign or be Fired tactic. B-Scale allowed a pilot to still live comfortably and work towards a secure long term financial future. B-Scale allowed a pilot to support a growing family on a single income. C-Scale represents absolutely none of this. B-Scale maintained high standards of recruitment as the CX interview was revered as amongst the toughest in the world to pass. C-Scale bought questions like "Tell me what your parents think about you becoming a pilot" (as quoted from the cadet applicant in this web site). I can't recall a B-Scale SO who came with a few thousand hours of time, most likely >1000 hrs PIC, freezing during a TCAS RA. Pay bananas & you'll get monkeys. Just read though the Cx Wannabe forum on this site. It's insulting to any professional pilot to think that this is the standard CX seeks & attracts.

JN14: You're welcome to your opinion about those who oppose the degradation of pilot T&C's. I don't know whether you and TurningFinal are iCadets. I find it scary that you mock those who fight against the lowering of standards, as well as T&C's. But like I said, you're welcome to your opinion. I hope you look back at this attitude when the axe comes down further by the next wannabe who'll do it for less, when CX demand you start paying for your type ratings, you have to pay for your meals on board, D-Scale gets ushered in, etc, etc. I hope you can raise your sarcastic personality and laugh it off then as well. But it'll never happen to you, right?