PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2017, 11:18
INKJET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In other news BA staff are/have walked out, easyJet pilots threatened strike action, Virgin pilots work to rule and on it goes, pilots threatening strike action seldom happens, at least outside Norway.

Unfortunately for some they will only be happy if Norwegian goes bust or has a crash, for the real anti Norwegian trolls, preferably both, this illustrates more about them than it does about Norwegian

Bondi has been at it for years and thus far has be wrong about 99% of his assertions.

No one pretends life in Norwegian is perfect but it's what it is, if people don't like it they are free to leave, all join voluntarily, not drafted.

All of Norwegians pilots pay tax and social insurance in their country of work, deducted by the employer mainly OSM

UK pilots have a union agreement with OSM, Bondi will tell you it's worthless, but it has managed to gain a 3 year pay deal, private health cover, pension and changes/improvement to the hotels used.

I have worked for a few airlines in my time and Norwegian meets my needs, I work more than I did in some ( now bust) but on the flip side I earn way more than I did in any of the previous ones that had a more conventional employment set up.

I don't pretend to be an accountant or understand debt ratios, but I do understand that you need scale in this business to be profitable, you also need full aircraft, Norwegian have both, this is an airline that will have 21 B 787 dream liners by year end plus over a 100 B738.

Ryanair is pulling away from easyJet and Norwegian is closing the gap on easyJet

Just need to avoid crashes and going bust ��