PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B757/767 EASA type rating training.
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2017, 20:46
Jetjockey145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B757/767 EASA type rating training.

Hello.
I need to renew a B757/767 rating that I completed initially with BA back in 1996. I haven't flown the type since that date and moved onto the B737-300/800 instead. I now have some 9,500 hrs of which 6,500 were gained on Jet aircraft. Some 5,500 hrs were gained on the B737 flying all over Europe. I have a full EASA ATPL, a class one medical, and a UK passport.

I have now been offered a job flying long haul on the B767 on the express understanding that I renew my 757/767 rating!
I am happy to do this to see out the remainder of my flying career (5yrs). Unfortunately, this is where the problem starts.

I have now contacted two ATO's within the UK to no avail. No prices have been forthcoming, nor have any estimates on how much training I require to renew / reissue the rating. I cannot even find out whether I require a base check, or whether due to experience, I can complete a ZFT course.

Can somebody please suggest a reliable EASA approved training organisation capable of supplying the required training, either within Europe or even in the USA. If anybody has been in a similar predicament, and has information on a solution then I would be pleased to hear from you.

Thanks.