PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence plan to scrap F-111s
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2003, 23:06
Sheep Guts
Props are for boats!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gnadenburg brings up a good point and that is LONG RANGE weapon systems. The closest foreign land mas to Australia outside New Guienea is Timor which is a around 350nm -385nm from Darwin. . But the rest of the Land masses and possible fows are much further than this. I think the " White Paper" has still credible points, but really we need to think Globally and not remain content in our Remote Continent.

If the F-111 is out dated lets get something to replace it "PRONTO" not wait forsome Machine that hasnt been proven. We allways go for the non proven Aircraft. Sometimes I admit this comes off like the C-130 but sometimes it bounces us like the inital phase of the F-111 aquisition.

ftrplt: Fair enough but let me tell you that Airframe hours versus Calender year age. Has allways been a questionable one. With an Airframe that gets the starins of a fighter we need to "er" more on the side of replacement. Thats another reason why the US gets rid of theres.

Lets get F-18 Es and F15ES what the heck! Lets spend some of my taxes Mr Howard and I want a free ticket to the Amberely Air Show

Regards
Sheep