PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2017, 09:33
Enzo999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NEDude
I have to ask, why the hostility towards Norwegian while giving a free pass to all the other airlines out there who pay less (Eurowings for example) or who make use of contract pilots (WOW Air, Brussels Airlines, and Aegean for example)? Just curious what you (Direct Bondi and marvelman) see is vastly different between Norwegian and the others.
I would imagine it's because of their size and ambition! While other companies might offer slightly worse Terms (although I fail to see how) no other company has 130 operational aircraft with 260 others on order. They have somehow through what can only be described as "magic" built a massive company that many see as a threat to the whole insustry, they are at the forefront of the race to the bottom.

Also many people myself included feeling very uneasy about the "magic" that has got them this far, a company that has lost hundreds of millions of dollars through the years finds the money to buy 400 aircraft, how does that work. The cost of these aircraft seem to be instantly written off, I keep reading they are able to offer tickets to NY for 56 pounds because of the fuel efficient 787, but fuel is cheap and the 787 is extremely expensive, BA and Virgin have 787s but they are not flying people for 56 quid, I wonder why? Also last time I checked Norway were not in EU so how have they managed to worm their way in to the open sky agreement, I will tell you how by being under hand and devious, Irish airline my arse hole!!

All this in no way excuses any of the other bottom feeding airlines in the world taking advantage of its staff or bending employment rules just to make a bit more money, it's just Norwegian are the current kings of it taking over from Ryan a feat many thought impossible.