PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When BA & QR sponsorship programs will re-open at CTC ?
Old 10th Jan 2017, 11:51
planesandthings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As long as a piece of string

Trevor

Welcome to PPRUNE, this is the right place for this sort of question!

I can only speak about BA but....

I'm afraid that the direct answer to your question is no one knows, BA would only disclose that information to those closest, 99% of staff will have no better idea than anyone else!

We heard it from the horse's mouth from Lindsay Craig (Recruitment Manager) earlier in 2016 at BA that FPP will not be opening for the indefinite future. BA is going through a massive change at the moment with radical new strategies throughout the airline implemented from the top to try and make the airline supposedly more competitive, though not confirmed, with all of this and new recruitment management I'd be surprised if we see FPP return in exactly the same format that it has run in previous years. There's been a bigger focus on DEP recruitment recently too which lessens the need for cadet pilots.

The FPP has always been viewed as one of the top programmes that were provided by the three training providers CTC, FTE and CAE Oxford. BA was an ATPL rather than an MPL at Qatar, Qatar required you to live and work there and did not provide any sort of help with securing loans unlike BA. However, whatever information is on the CTC site is out of date until the programme starts to re-open again, earlier in the year Flybe MPL was said to include some sponsorship, as it did in the previous intake, it was only when the programme re-opened again for 2016 this vanished from sight...

A game of waiting and seeing. There is a dedicated forum to BA FPP here, which is quiet currently as there has been little/no news for months.