EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gdansk: 8 return journeys, 3024 seats, 68.58% LF approx 130 pax
Warsaw: 9 return journeys, 3402 seats, 66.49% LF c. 126 pax
Wroclaw: 8 return journeys, 3024 seats, 69.84% LF c. 132 pax

Krakow: 8 return journeys, 2368-3024 seats, 78.31-100% LF c.148 pax

Berlin: 13 return journeys, 4056 seats, 66% LF c. 103 pax

Oh dear :/

You all know I'm often very optimistic but I don't feel good about these. I'm worried 4 new routes, 9 new flights per week, was too much too soon. Krakow is obviously a very strong route, the flights aren't cheap but they're always well filled.

Ok I feel a bit better about Berlin, the flights weren't too cheap. There were some very low fares but EZY appeared to be avoiding what FR were doing. In the summer I paid £45pp return for 2 to go to Warsaw in December (never ended up making it unfortunately). I kept skyscanner alerts on, by September it was down to £20/30 return, twice it went under £10 return in sales, the lowest it got was £8 and it stayed there a few days, then it stayed under £30 until the day before...

From the prices I've seen ( I know it doesn't count for much) but Warsaw seems to have had rock bottom prices, Wroclaw has been variable but Gdansk has averaged higher fares I think. Either way, yields through this winter on all of Ryanair's Polish routes are going to be utter ****e, there's no way around it. The fares have been through the floor and people won't be paying for checked luggage on city breaks. I hope onboard purchases have been good, and people have been choosing their seats etc. Filling them in the depths of winter is a good sign, the passengers are there, and hopefully they get them to come back... If they paid £10 this time, they might pay £20 next time, and bring friends/family and spend £30/40 after that and bring a suitcase.

Time... Please just give us time! But I think we could see the weakest one dropped this winter