PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SEP revalidation advice
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2017, 21:52
tume

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulTobiasStanding
That's interesting though that I should be able to revalidate here, I thought I read something about instructors having to be pre-aproved by the CAA ? Could be old info though. Are you aware if I need to check with the CAA before any proficiency flight or anything ?
That UK briefing used to be a pain in the arse (seminar or something). If I'm not mistaken now it is just a matter of studying the United Kingdom section of the Examiner Differences document (link on the bottom of the page):
https://www.easa.europa.eu/easa-and-...elated-content

I was wrong when I told you the examiner can't sign your revalidation in the Ratings -page: he/she can actually according to that document in some instance ("Licence endorsement permitted when specifically authorised by the UK CAA."). Not sure what that would require since it wasn't possible in my case (rating initial issue).

You do have to send a notification about the LPC prior the flight along with examiner details etc. after which you should receive an automatic confirmation that you can go ahead with it. All this guidance is in IN-2016/003:

IN-2016/003: Procedures for Examiners Holding Part-FCL Certificates Issued by Countries Other than the UK

Then when you are done, along with the rating revalidation forms, you need to submit a copy of that email confimation (test notification), examiner’s licence, medical and examiner authorisation certificate.