PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence plan to scrap F-111s
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2003, 13:50
wessex19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain Custard.
You are an idiot!!!!!! If you are in the service, I really think the recruiters need a big shake up. Most the guys who I went through flight training with were brought quickly back to earth with a thump if their egos got out of control. My gut feeling tells me the closest you have been to flying a fast jet is with the X-BOX mummy brought you for chrissy. because santa thinks you are a F**kwit and bypassed your house!!!

On another note, while we are on the topic of AEGIS, I was having a drink at HMAS Watson late last year with a few old mates, one who is now a CO of what we would call a major warship, I raised with this former PWO, do you think we should of picked up the 4 Kidd class DDG's to replace ours that were paid off. He thought it would of been good bang for your bucks however the navy was burnt badly by picking up the rust buckets HMAS Manoora and Kanimbla and we just wouldn't have the manpower to support 3 or 4 Kidds. However, it would of greatly improved our air defence capabilities and given us instant tomohawk!!! Food for thought!!