PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot fatigue...a victory, of sorts
View Single Post
Old 31st Dec 2016, 14:23
onlythetruth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According the Judgement he emailed the Chief Pilot and asked how it had been planned.
Judgement states The claimant asked on a number of occasions for information on how the flight was planned to come within the maximum FDP. The respondent never provided him with this information and has given no satisfactory explanation as to why they did not do so.

The reason the Chief Pilot says he never replied to the direct question was..taken directly from the judgement "When asked by the Judge
why no one went back to the claimant about his question as to how the duty time of12 hours 30 was arrived at, which the claimant again raised in the pack he produced and sent to Mr Scadeng prior to the disciplinary hearing, Mr Scadeng replied that he viewed the email of 7”‘ May as about fatigue and his view about the rest was that it was “intended as entrapment” and that they needed to be cautious
"

Also I have heard ( so not seen the plogs to confirm ) but apparently the difference between the Roster times and the Block times on the day was nearly an hour, so if true not talking only a "few mins". Also again from what I have heard, it was a net tailwind for the whole duty.

I wonder why they never got back to him