PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Command upgrades at Jet2
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2016, 07:34
whitemonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to clear something up because going by some comments there seems to be a bit of confusion regarding the bonding process...

The 7.5k bond is for rated guys, disappears after 12 months i believe but I am not certain on that as I joined non rated. This is simply to stop guys joining and then leaving immediately which I feel is fair enough, if you stay for the period in question you don't ever worry about it and it hasn't seemed to put off any of the many ex RYR guys here now.

For non-rated, (on the 75 anyway), it is a 19.5k bond over three years, that reduces pro rata from one year post Final Line check, in effect reduces by nothing for the first 12 months, then disappears over the next 24 months.

So if your rated or non rated if you join the airline pays for the training, it only becomes an issue if you suddenly decide to leave.

You will only suddenly decide (disclaimer!!!! in my opinion!) to leave if you come here as a low houred guy who suddenly realises you will only be flying 500hrs a year at best and that is not what you want, or if you don't like free time....

Hope that clears things up, best get back to my winter off!