PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2016, 08:56
Bishop01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No-More-Bullschit.... you mentioned..
"in my book anyone who thinks the airport losing business of any kind is a good thing is not a full shilling"

answer me this.. how many "Airports in the UK" with schedule jet services have parachute clubs based at them?? I've heard on several occasions now where VIP aircraft and even the KLM nearly loosing their slots because of the airport been on shut down due to the droppers being in the air..
as I've mentioned, if your running an airport 'even the likes of DTV with reduced services now' then surely their bread and butter should be the schedule services, so if anything disrupts that, 'then questions have to be asked whether the airport needs the jumpers' and if the airport cant survive without the likes of a based parachute club, then just send the rest of the pax up to Newcastle and down to Leeds and shut the terminal...

I for one am very passionate about the place and don't want to see it get any worse than it is, but you need the rite sort of business coming in that makes you money while not upsetting what core business you have left... so lets hope 2017 the place picks up...