PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jandakot Crash
Thread: Jandakot Crash
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2003, 17:33
compressor stall

Received 139 Likes on 63 Posts
G'Day IJ K: How's things? Must catch up in JT one of these days...

I concur with what you say about editorial pressures etc, and as I mentioned earlier, Mr Thomas has sourced hard facts...fuel qty runway length etc, p-charts etc which is a long way above and beyond most - hence my aviation journalist satire that pops up on various threads from time to time.

What I objected to in the article was the presumption that the right engine was not developing full power, the pilot lost control etc. etc.

In my opinion these hypotheses were drawn from thin air and undid the good effort in researching the aircraft and airport facts. But Joe Public does not see it this way, and he is what keeps Mr Thomas in a job!

Geoffrey Thomas:

Thanks for your reply...it is all very easy for me to sit back and tell you how your job should be done for the comfort of my loungeroom chair! And thank-you for omitting the thoughts of many who automatically apportion blame onto the pilot in these circumstances.

With reference to single engine performance issues, you could speak to no better person than Guanty. He is the guru on all things of that ilk. When I was an inexpereinced pilot thrown out bush with a 402, thru PPrune, he taught me a lot that is missing from pilot training syllabi these days.

Cheers

CS