PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question on minimums and applications
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2003, 16:48
compressor stall

Received 145 Likes on 66 Posts
G'Day BIK

Thanks for pointing out my lazy definitions.

It would appear that I have not kept track of those little blue and yellow things that float around in the back of the AIPs.

There was one back a few years (late 90's) - a blue one - that had instructions and clarifications for filling in logbooks.

I would swear on a 6 pack of Boags that it had instructions along the line of "time spent above overcast or at night in VMC do not count". So when I am out the back of Bourke on a dark moonless night, in the circuit and there are NO external lights for a hundred miles and my night vision is shot because of the EFIS, even though I am on instuments, I am still in VMC. If there was a light 5kms away I could see it. Thus, according to the Circular it cannot go in the logbook as IMC

However the AIC is no longer there...and I even checked on line.

Now I cannot think where else it would have gone to... but it was the rules once (albeit quasi rules).

G'Day again I fly

My reference to the moon was purely to paint the picture of the aforementioned dark night. You would know as well as anyone that with a full bright moon in the outback it is almost as good as sunlight at times.

And I fully agree with you about the wording of planned IFR etc. I am sure that the intent from operators/CPs in job candidates is that they have stooged around under the IFR making appropriate radio calls and position reports etc. But that's unproveable really in a candidate, but would be obvious (to a point) in a checkride.

Cheers

CS

Last edited by compressor stall; 14th Aug 2003 at 22:37.