PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest Fleet Forum rumor
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2016, 17:30
Cloud Bunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The nationality of the people running this place never entered my head, would never even pass by as a thought in my tiny pea sized brain. It's irrelevant.
I was selected by a Brit, a Canadian, a Brazilian, a Kiwi and a UAE National. Who cares?
Do I think the Brits think Eastern Europeans are beneath them - without a shadow of a doubt a xenophobic, irrational proportion of them surely do, in the same way as many other people would view other nationalities. These people have even tinier pea sized brains than me. The fact that some of them have risen to prominence is a problem.
Would I have joined EK if it was solely run by locals? Of course. If the contract is right, the lifestyle is right, the company makes money and is economically stable I don't give a rats arse where the person/people at the top are born. You can't condem an entire race of people based on the actions of a few. There's enough of that **** going on in the world right now on a much larger and more frightening scale.
I'm not getting into a slanging match over this, suffice to say that I genuinely don't care where the next CEO of this place is born, the personality on the other hand is critical to how this place shapes up.