PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2016, 07:13
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems that passengers are not impressed by the new bridge although I have not seen any congestion when it comes to the lifts even when one was out of service. I seem to remember that each lift can hold 26 people minus luggage.

Tim Bradshaw

· 17 December 2016
I pick up and drop off at most airports and this is by far the worst, the short term parking is a joke and extremely overpriced bearing in mind it takes you a fair while to walk from car park to the terminal. The signage is almost non existent and the new bridge is a joke as there are 3 lifts at the terminal end and only 2 at the car park end causing a choke point so last night we opted for the stairs with luggage to attempt to get out within the 40 minute minimum parking at £7!!!. As far as I can see its just a way of holding you up to get more out of the parking. So all in all its a sh##hole of an airport.
Glyn Constant

· 18 December 2016
Probably the worst airport in Uk. Went Friday morning intending to park in the new short stay multi storey car park but couldn't find how to get in. Ended up in the bomb site known as the short term and asked one of the attendants how to access the multi storey. He didn't know. Eventually parked in short term bomb site & followed signs for terminal only to find my way blocked by 6ft fence. Eventually made it to the advertised "air bridge" which takes you from the multi storey to the terminal. The web site lies. It stops 100 metres short. Charge for short term was £7 for 40 mins or £10 for an hour. Daylight robbery. Heathrow only charge £3.60 for 30 mins and that for a multi storey with under cover access to the terminal. Luton should be renamed Dick Turpin airport for its blatant lies and thievery