PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No More KingAir Endorsements
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2016, 02:50
Band a Lot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compressor stall, I am fully aware of that crash. Charlie certainly a sim for a first turbine has many benefits.

However it is simply a Canberra based decision with no cost analysis that makes for a very un level playing field. (is there a small org in Broome that has one King air and 2 pilots that runs a contract every second weekday - what is the impact?)

I think you can safely assume CASA did no such research - contract lost, company with 6 aircraft and 12 staff closes!

Or such company did not have King Air but a C441 (no sim in Australia) - are these passengers and crew as safe as the King Air or less safe?

I have my King Air endorsement and have got my job in Maun, Botswana my Australian licence is validated (they don't issue a Botswana Licence) the certified sim in South Africa is not available (due politics).

The B200 sim/s in Australia suddenly become U/S do updates only supported by -x or above sims (ours are below x)-
Suddenly a sim is no longer required for B200!

Question

(Pratt & Whitney PT6A-41's power the early model 200's while PT6A-42's are found in B200's. The differences between the 200 and B200, besides the engines, are that the 200's have electrically operated gear while the B200 has hydraulic gear.)

Are the sims available in Australia B200 + 200 or only B200?