PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2016, 11:27
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assuming I book ,will a parking place in theory be allocated and if the numbers of advance bookings get to a certain number will this option be removed from the website.( they do after all request a vehicle registration on booking)
I can only use the short term as an example. For most of the time the short term can be pre-booked as the airport makes an assumption of how many casual users will use the car park but as we know pre-booking guarantees nothing as many a car that have pre-booked end up on the pavement as a last resort.

At the moment for the next few days the short term can't be pre-booked as it has reached some sort of limit but a couple of days ago it could. It is all about getting the balance right.

Now the issue is if the pavements in the short term are also full cars can't get from the short term to the multistory without going through the pay barrier, through the tunnel and turning around at the Ibis and then heading back into the CTA, which is the same for any car that can't find a space in the multistory and then wants to try the short term.

Could I in theory turn up to find the MSCP full- are there signs to indicate this or how many places are available on approach to the airport?
There is not even a signpost to the multistory once past the drop off area. Even though the multistory is hard to miss the entrance to it is easily missed but I don't think all the signage has gone in yet. Also there is no indicator as to the capacity state of any car park at Luton including the new one.

Last edited by LTNman; 21st Dec 2016 at 14:45.