PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2016, 10:00
Falcon666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With reference to Spanish eyes post I too am having difficulty understanding exactly what the airport want from the MSCP.( notice they don't actually say it is Short Term)
I have checked in July for two weeks and for £122 I can Park there for 15 days at £8 a day so they are treating it as a long stay( if you can afford it).
Assuming I book ,will a parking place in theory be allocated and if the numbers of advance bookings get to a certain number will this option be removed from the website.( they do after all request a vehicle registration on booking)

Could I in theory turn up to find the MSCP full- are there signs to indicate this or how many places are available on approach to the airport?
As the MSCP is the last option on the CTA road if you can't gain access or get in and can't find a space then you are back out on the dual carriageway either to the mid term or Holiday Inn roundabout to do a 360 and try again in peak time traffic!!thats after you've talked your way through the barrier
As Spanish eyes says the outside Short term is rammed full so in the summer punters may well be forced to look for options in the MSCP as a last resort as parking will be at a premium.
Interested what others think will happen but I can see a lot of confusion