PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russian Ambassador in Turkey Shot
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2016, 18:59
Lonewolf_50

Received 415 Likes on 258 Posts
Heathrow Harry / gsky

Islam is culturally imbedded in that whole area in and around the Levant. In a sense you are both wrong. To say "nothing to do with" ignores about 1400 years of cultural inertia. To say "must have to do with" is a gross oversimplification.

Example: man steps on a nail, in Nebraska, and it causes great pain as it enters his arch and buries itself about two inches deep in his foot.
He exclaims "Jesus Christ!"

So, is he using a culturally common term of phrase or is he a Christian fundamentalist by default? (And if he's a Christian, ohmigod, didn't he know that his book tells him not to use the Lord's name in vain? ) Or is it "nothing to do with Christianity, stop defaming Christians!"
Y'all get my drift?

@onetrack: thanks for stirring the pot, you got two people to bite. (Three if I'm included since I responded to them).

This thread is about some who shot an ambassador who was in a museum interacting with the public in the country who he was representing his nation to. In short, a guy gets shot while doing his job, a job that is generally intended as a peaceful/positive role.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 21st Dec 2016 at 18:12.