PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot fatigue...a victory, of sorts
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2016, 00:08
framer

Received 481 Likes on 129 Posts
If the beancounter gets tired on the way home then he can pull his car over and stop at the side of the road to recover.
The bean counter probably hasn't risen at 0345 and done 12 hours continuous work with no break and at an altitude of 7000ft.
Another thing to consider is the rate of processing required in the final 7 seconds of the work day. The bean counter probably doesn't notice if his rate of processing information is low because he never has to process X amount of information in seven seconds....or else.
Pilots know when they are slower at this than normal, most people don't because they just wander off to the kitchen to make a cup of tea if it is all getting a bit much.
I have driven trucks and only rarely was I required to process the quantity of information that I process on every landing. Normally it was when a car pulled out in front of me.
The reality is that if you are not a pilot then you probably don't understand what the job entails. How many pilots are involved in creating duty limitations and rosters?