PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To lose one bag is careless…
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2003, 22:15
Memetic
Supercalifragilistic
expialidocious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS a common factor.

I too lost a bag on a connection via AMS.

The really annoying thing was that having waited until the next flight's bags showed up on the carousel before going to report it lost I was told by the BA baggage query desk that they knew the bag had not been loaded. The could not explain why no one had thought to tell me on the aircraft or to page me in arrivals. They did however say that loosing bags connecting via amsterdam was quite a regular occurence.

Having waited for the bag, completed forms etc. I had missed my pre booked ground transport - and on calling the company could not get on another run with them for about 4 hours.

So went and had a chat with the BA customer service desk, basically to complain that I had not been told in advance that the bag was not loaded, which would have reduced the hassle factor.

I was very plesantly surprised to be told that they would arrange a car to take me home! (This was June 2002 - wonder if the same would happen now on a full fare economy AMS to LGW?)

I was much less surprised when about 8 hours later the bags had not turned up at home as promised - apprently LGW luggage for deliver has to go via LHR - even to Essex. I should have kept my mouth shut then, instead I got the depot number and told them to deliver on their promise, put the bag in a cab if necessary...

...regreted it at about 3am when they delivered the bag!