PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating Cost - definitive answers please!
Old 14th Dec 2016, 22:09
Qtr Life Crisis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Type Rating Cost - definitive answers please!

Hi all.

I am very new to this and really didn't want to start my own thread being a posting noob but I am stumped on this one. I also understand that while I myself usually belong in the "professional pilot training" forums, this question relates more to interviews and employment down the line.

I am budgeting my savings for living during and after an integrated ATPL program at one of the larger UK schools which I am commencing early next year.

Essentially I have budgeted 25,000 GBP for a type rating in addition to a (very restrictive) living budget for three years - 18 months of course and 18 months of "please please please let me have a job" if that is required and I don't want to go back to my old job in the meantime.

what I, and many others seem to be asking on several threads, is

i) which UK and European airlines require a "pay for type rating upfront scheme"
ii) which airlines offer bonded schemes for type ratings
iii) what airlines/ATO's charge - specifically by airline/aircraft if possible; and
iV) which (mythical) airlines pay you from contact signage

obviously I have researched this thorougly on these forums and on other sites however information seems to change with time and source and replies seem to send the threads off on tangents. Many airlines seem to have no information provided at all.

If you have answers to these questions please post them and I'm sure many would be grateful. Also if there is a list or solid thread that I may have missed please direct me (and others) to it. It would also be great if the many keyboard warriors don't weigh in with a constant stream of irrelevant discourse about how horrible the job is, chances of jobs, corrupt establishments etc which seems to be a standard occurrence in threads of this nature.

Thanks in Advance!