PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2016, 10:00
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But short haul at BA is a short term thing unless you're after a specific long haul fleet. It's not the best gig in town but then it's far from as bad as is made out on here. For instance I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times this year I've sat in the bowels of T5 waiting for my next flight, yet some posters on here would have you believe it's all that ever happens on a day to day basis! Similar with force assign, it's never happened to me.

Now either I'm being incredibly fortunate or some of the stories on here are exaggerations. I have however been credit protected on a couple of trips that were needed for training and given some extra unexpected days off. I've been rostered on a blind line to finish two days early before a three week leave block and cleared Heathrow at 10 o clock - in the morning - on the last rostered day. Something that NEVER would have been countenanced by the planners let alone allowed at a previous outfit I worked for. There are some real pluses here and that bypasses the pprune negativity brigade.

I was very close to beginning the command process at easy. I left because, although the money is great in the left hand seat at easyJet, it's Groundhog Day for the next thirty years if you take your command there and then it's golden handcuffs if (when!) you get bored of it. There's more to life than money and I feel that if you can get yourself onto long haul at BA and go part time (admittedly not the easiest thing to do right now but hopefully behind the scenes this is being addressed) then there's precious little better places you're going to find yourself. Short term pain, long term gain.

Last edited by RexBanner; 14th Dec 2016 at 10:14.