PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2016, 08:58
Enzo999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4468
Pork chop express, tommytailwind, Tricia Takanawa, and Enzo999.

I see that you are unhappy at BA, and would either like to move on, or regret leaving your previous employer, or both?

It might be useful for those here, waiting to join BA, if you tell them where you aspire to be now? I'm sure it would prevent them wasting their time in the hold pool, if you could give them the benefit of your experiences.

Alternatively, where did your 'due diligence' fail, prior to both applying, and then committing to BA?

Rather than telling them what's 'wrong' with BA, how much more helpful to just say where the entirety is better?
No problem!

Monarch! 2 sector days, at least 2 weekends off a month, guarantied days off if you wanted/needed them, quite winters maybe 4/5 flights a month, no obscenely complicated rostering system, rock soild schedualing agreement (can't start work before 8.30am after a day off and must be clear by 8pm the day before), see my family everyday, money was the same, £450 day off working payment (which because of the day off protection meant you always got 2), command potential in the next couple of years, lovely people, small enough to know everyone, regularly flew with and spoke to CP, DFO etc, No 5 day trips, no holding for 20 minutes every time you wanted to come to home base, parked right outside the office, cabin crew that actually spoke to you, Procedures that actually work, a training department that realise there is more to flying than constantly saying TDODAR, FNC, PPP, and NUTA, free from arrogance. At this moment that's all I can't think of, I will be sure to update you if anything else comes to mind.

I think I already explained my reasons for leaving, Monarch recently had well publicised financial problems and in my wisdom I decided they would not make it so decided to jump before the end came. Looking back I got this wrong, my decision was heavily influenced by my previous experience of working for a large failed company and the fact I have young family that now depend on me earning a living. Having worked in the ME, I am absolute sure I never want to go back there so I made the "safe" choice and joined the one company that can offer job security based in the U.K.

Not living under a cloud of uncertainty is defiantly a highlight of working for BA but there is no point in me coming on here and saying that it's amazing because it's simply not (what job is though) but it is a secure job and for that I am very grateful. I am not for one second saying people should not come to BA, simply that it's not the holly grail, it has lots of failings and people should be fully aware of that before making a decision and don't be blinded by the name. At the end of the day everyone has to decide what's important to them, family, command, money, time at home, time away, big planes, small planes, weekends off, security etc etc only the indivudual can make that choice all I am doing is providing my own personal opinions and experiences.

Last edited by Enzo999; 14th Dec 2016 at 09:29.