PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 13th Dec 2016, 19:42
Rottweiler22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everybody has their own unique, individual situation, so what may the best option for one person, may be the worst option for another. I was advised quite early on by someone in the know, that integrated is the best way into the industry at the moment, but only if you can do it without the loan. My advice was also to steer clear of the loan, and if that wasn't a possibility, go modular.

In the integrated course that I'm on, seven of my self-sponsored colleagues all claim to not have taken the loan, so it's a bit of a myth that all CTC and CAE graduates are paying-back £1,300 per month back for a bank loan, I can assure you this isn't the case. Of course some will be, but I was advised well away from taking a massive bank loan against your house, just to go to a premium school.

I don't really know what the situation is with employment statistics at the moment, but the general consensus is that for self-sponsored graduates at CTC or Oxford, there tends to be around a six-month gap between graduating and starting a job. I interpret this to be six-months of applications, interviews, assessments, etc, but what exactly goes on, I'm not too sure. Of course the low-cost carriers are big players, but there seem to be lots of other "placement statistics" kicking around, right from graduates getting placements with the prestigious flag carriers, to the regional airlines.

Naturally, you'd have to be foolish to believe that the likes of CTC and Oxford will just "throw" jobs at you, but no doubt there are doors opened to you that would otherwise not be. You still have to stand-out in interviews and assessments, and be what the airline wants, which the majority of the people I train with completely understand. You do what's best for you, to your means, nobody else's.