PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot fatigue...a victory, of sorts
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2016, 18:21
FlightDetent

Only half a speed-brake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My comment about the duty was based on the rostering phase. It was rostered at 12.30, the max. No room for hiccups. On the day, actual conditions caused to go over. My comment is: common sense says that rostering should always include a 45-60min buffer, especially on a 3 sector trip, to allow for hiccups. It became illegal at the last minute.
Spoken like a company man for the second time? Man up. The last sentece is just BS.

It was fradulently rostered with make believe times to add up towards 12:30 which was never achievable, on any given day. For sure it did not become illegal at the moment the skip added the minutes and said hey, these do not align.

The PIC eventually agreed to start based on a promise to get out of the situation. Later, when the chicken did not come in order, he got sweetalked into the last sector and then excercised discretion (which he complained so much against) thus saving company a tremendous headache and heap of money.

On the next day, perhaps with a "I told you so" tone, he called unfit but the Co. tried to shoot him off the emplyee list for that.

By today's standards, the duty should had never commenced and whether or not it was legal to do so on the given day ... ... ... the silence here is deafening. (half-size exclamation here)