PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas non-stop PER to LHR?
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2016, 06:26
Tuck Mach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is cognitive dissonance a pre-requisite here?

So my recollection was different, but then again I was talking flight time. Did Alan say block time? I have also flown the route many times, and my logbook dusted off is a little different . I was a little light from recollection on the YSSY to WSSS it averaged around 07 .45 flight time, the Mach number roughly the same as the M0.85 as expected from the 787. To EGLL was around 13.30 (without holding) Talking semantics here it is pretty much identical, in flight time.. That is around 5 hours flight time to Perth then another flight time of 17 hours to London. Customers have a choice, it would be interesting to see the research done on the route.

''SYD- SIN was close to 8:30 block- flight time was often just either side of 8 hours. SIN- LHR exceeded 14:00 block and frequently 14:30.

The quickest route to LHR was SYD- HKG- LHR. 9 and 12:30ish on the 744 from memory- 2006 was the last time I flew that route.''

As always Stanwell picked up my theme.

Colin Barnett and Alan with the Dick Emery veneers holding a model is a long way from an RPT service. I hope for the pilots at Qantas it happens, a small caveat if i may ; there is a lot of water to flow under the bridge, some of it beyond the control of Qantas which negatively impacts yield and revenue, not just costs.

Well...
If they are trying to market Perth as a destination, why the need to provide, at great expense to the taxpayer, an international facility within the domestic terminal for the convenient and rapid transhipment of Qantas pax?

As had been noted early on in this thread, Premier Barnett and his party are in serious electoral trouble - and the state elections are looming.
I see the equivalent of a conjurer's trick - something like pulling a rabbit out of a hat or, 'now you see it .. now you don't.'

As for Qantas, well, look at all the beaut media-led brand exposure that's been achieved - at minimal cost.
As we all know, promises cost nothing.

The part played by Geoffrey Thomas and West Australian Newspapers in this funny business should not be ignored, either.
Strong conservative leanings and consistent support for the LNP coalition on their part might also tell you something.
I smell a rat.

As always, trust but verify. Come back in 18 months and say we were wrong am happy to be corrected, until then hope your management are this time being straightforward.