PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2016, 18:53
Spanish eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Footbridge opens

Today saw the closure of the pedestrian crossing to the short term car park and the opening of the passenger footbridge.

At Luton today while there has been no rain as such there has been quite a bit of murk and mist. While there were no pools of water in the lobby the floor was wet and a little slippery. The wet conditions actually extended the full length of the both bridges making the floors look dirty and scruffy.

What struck me was that the bridges looked like they had been standing for a couple of years. Running a finger for just an inch or two along any horizontal metalwork resulted in a blackened finger. There were splashes of concrete all over the bottom half of the walls and plastic windows. The paint was scratched in places and missing in other places and the builders measurement markings in large thick felt tip pen were everywhere. I am hoping that later on the whole interior will get a deep clean and touch up.

As for the materials used it would be better to talk about the materials that hadn't been used. The buildings and bridges just feel like shells with nothing covered up or boxed in.

By each entrance there are payment machines that are not working yet. They are housed in what looks like creosoted garden sheds with one wall removed.

Passenger experience I would give a score of 1 out of 10 as it is all rather dire to be honest.