PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bad Luck Easyjet!
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2003, 07:30
McIce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you who moan about a crappy roster I give you this to contemplate.
I worked for 14 years earning an 'ok wage', doing crappy shifts when the organisation I worked for changed the shifts for the benefit of the staff and made them much worse.
During this period I had cause to take a career break thinking I would get my job back no problem, considering I never moaned or complained about hours, and in fact took my pounds worth of flesh in doing as much overtime as possible and staff appraisals showed I was apparently an all round good guy.
It never dawned on me at any point that when I tried to return to work for said organisation that the company were happier to spend thousands of money training a 19 year old school leaver for two years, than giving a 33 year old with 3 children to support and 14 years experience a position of employment.
Must have upset someone eh... I wish I knew who
My point is. For those of you who wish to go an earn money elsewhere or continually moan about working conditions that you accepted be very careful.
To quote that the grass is always greener on the other side is an understatement. I bet you would enjoy working crappy hours affecting your social life than not having a social life.
Cheers McIce