PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2016, 20:45
Pork chop express

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surely the 'grass can REALLY be that much greener at BA' ....... can it??
I'd be really realistic about your expectations on what you expect by joining BA if that's indeed your plan or anyone else reading this, there are many good things about BA for sure but the holy grail it is not! BA is a lifestyle more than any other airline I've worked for and not always in a good way especially with family and the disruption being away can cause. It offers Security for sure..... probably one of the best in the UK but we are definitely preparing for one of aviation's cyclical downturns. You can see the plans are changing all the time internally around recruitment for 2017 and bids on SH Commands which have not materialised even for quite senior guys n girls! Opec cutting oil output to drive up the cost of fuel.....

Add in a new CEO from a low cost background obsessed with Easy & especially Norwegian and whose quoted internally that staff costs need to be adjusted to "Market rate" at some point during his tenure you can expect more change at BA over the next few years as the race to the bottom continues in this industry, BA have further to fall than most so have your eyes wide open that you wont be immune to all of this at BA! Sad but true..... I joined from a well known bucket and spade carrier that hit hard times and was very grateful to join BA don't get me wrong, that said i'd go back in a heartbeat if i could for the better home lifestyle it offered my personal circumstances and believe some have done just that very recently!