PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kipper fleet macho, chauvinist and tribal
Old 13th Aug 2003, 03:03
Biggus

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts
My information is second hand, from a kipper mate, so no doubt that makes it "hearsay" in legal terms, subject to dispute, and I personally cannot verify it.... However,...

I believe the lady in question was "allegedly" a pilot of dubious quality who should probably not have passed the Nimrod OCU. However, the senior officer who eventually fathered her child was on the OCU staff at the time, with their relationship still a secret,.....

She reached a Sqn where her lack of ability was noticed, she was effectively up for the chop when pregnancy interupted events. A move to another (dare I say less demanding job) was mooted when the "I don't want to leave my child" card was played.

Throughout her pilot training her ability to dish out foul mouth invective, and consume alcohol, was allegedly as good as any male. And no, she was not keeping up with the boys for the sake of appearances.

Whether she was sexually harassed or not I know not. I do know that I, as a red blooded male, could probably go to work tomorrow and start my own diary of events/conversations that could be used by a competent legal mind to provide "evidence" that I was being bullied, harassed etc, even though I am not. I would suggest that could apply equally to many offices up and down the country, and is not unique to the RAF, military, etc...

At the end of the day a pilot who may well have been asked to leave the RAF due to lack of ability (and there is a great deal of pressure on the training system to push people through as training risks and let the next agency "chop" them if they don't come good - the arguement that she must have been good enough to reach a Sqn is not valid) left in a manner coldly calculated to ensure a financial return on her time in the service - ALLEGEDLY!