PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2016, 20:46
Parkbremse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scaremongering. And that ad nauseam repeated "flags of convenience " argument is pathetic, if it were true than no carrier with an Irish AOC and fully compliant to the regulations of the IAA could fly to the US

The US Big 3 control 38% of NAT Traffic, Norwegian, although growing rapidly, has just 3% of ASK and on a lot of their routes, they don't even have an American competitor. NAIs narrowbody ops out of Ireland to the east coast will be completely new, as there is no US competition at all for these kind of flights. That Norwegian is singled out as the devil in person which will destroy the complete US Airline Industry with the over and over repeated half-truths or simply false statements is not only totally crap and unfounded, it shows that the whole argument against them is agenda driven (protectionist and anti competitive) and not based on the facts at hand. And the facts show clearly that not only the Norwegian operation is legit, but also that the competition from Norwegian has a minuscule impact on the US big 3, is creating jobs in the US and has a positive effect on the economy and therefore does not actually warrant such a strong reaction. I refer again to the link I posted earlier of the in my opinion excellent analysis on the subject, if anyone is really interested in a factual discussion.