PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe
Thread: Flybe
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2016, 16:26
DrJones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coming from a corporate aviation background and finding myself not being able to apply for certain airline jobs as the weight of the aircraft I fly is below a certain weight can be frustrating. However, I do feel flybe are quite right putting a min weight in there, as they are not recruiting for Fo, but instead for Captain. I would imagine the job to be quite demanding, flying in busy airspace, in weather and probably with inexperienced co pilots. So with the weight restrictoon they probably feel they can get the level of experience they require. I agree with what V/03 has posted. Most aircraft , we probably could all fly them with practice and just because one person says it hard, doesnt mean to say you will find it hard. But for me I would prefer to be learning/sitting in Rhs. I have just moved from Lhs to Rhs on new larger aircraft then my previous one (zero chance of me getting a direct entry command) , and love learning about new aircraft and not have the pressure that comes with being Captain.